Enjoy an easy trip to the nation's capital when you stay at our hotel, one of the few hotels near the D.C. metro, located just steps from the Silver Spring Red Line Metro stop. Our location offers direct and easy access to the heart of Washington, D.C. Conveniently positioned less than 10 miles from Washington D.C., we are also just a short drive from the area's many attractions, museums and monuments.
Silver Spring Metro Station Information
We are only four blocks away from the Silver Spring Red Metro line, offering a convenient transportation option with direct access to Washington, D. C. Stops on this line include the Smithsonian stop, only a 30 minute journey away from our hotel. You can reach the Amtrak Union Station in less than 15 minutes, and also reach Chinatown, Dupont Circle and the National Zoo by taking this service.
- We offer a complimentary shuttle that you can utilize to get to and from the Silver Spring Metro station.
Major Red Line Stations in Washington, D.C.
- Dupont Circle: near Embassy Row, renowned restaurants, great shopping and exciting nightlife
- Farragut North: access to Connecticut Avenue, the business district and a short walk to The White House
- Metro Center: short walk to The White House, transfers available to the Blue and Orange Metro lines
- Gallery Place: steps from MLK Memorial, Smithsonian American Art Museum, Verizon Center, J Edgar Hoover Building (FBI Headquarters), International Spy Museum, Washington Convention Center, transfers available to the Yellow and Green Metro lines
- Union Station: services Amtrak, the MARC Train and Virginia Railway Express
Washington, D.C. Driving Directions
It takes approximately 25 minutes to drive to Washington, D.C. from our hotel. Click here to get directions from Sheraton Silver Spring Hotel to your destination.
- Ronald Reagan National Airport (DCA): 10.75 miles, approximately 35 minutes. Also assessable by Metrorail with just a single transfer to the Blue or Yellow Metrorail Line.
- Baltimore Washington International Airport (BWI): 22 miles, approximately 40 minutes
- Dulles International Airport (IAD): 28.6 miles, approximately 40 minutes (depending on traffic). Also assessable by Metrorail with a transfer to Washington Flyer’s Silver Line Express Bus from Dulles to Wiehle-Reston East Metrorail stop.